Saturday 13 August 2011

Why do Vintage Gentlemen look lovelier than modern men?

~Sigh~

The tweed, the 'tache's the two tone shoes. There really is something lovely about the vintage clad chap. Don't get me wrong, the modern dressed blokes are quite good looking too, but there's just some sort of edge that the vintage 'uns have. Maybe because you know that that moustache has been painstakingly tweaked and twiddled to perfection, or that the cheeky grin is because he feels good and knows he's looks just as good (not as good as he'd look if he had me linked arm in arm with him). 

I know they're not the 1940's style, but if either of these two men would like to come round to my house in character, I would NOT object- swoooon!

Two of the men on my top 5 list- in the same film- most swoonworthy watching!

I just read an old post on Red Legs in Soho's blog about a dating website for Vintage lovers (http://redlegsinsoho.blogspot.com/2010/09/vintage-dating.html) - is this the way forward? I may have to investigate. I agree that the person you're dating/with should share your interests, or be very accepting of your eccentricities. Far too often I was put down for dressing not how 'he' expected me to dress. And when I did try, he still didn't like it. I believe the modern kids would call him an A-Hole? How I long for a gent who says 'hunny you look fabbo in that dress, lets go for a stroll' or maybe 'your hair looks spiffing with the faux bangs and that dandy red scarf'.

My parents have been very supportive after my recent breakup and it was my DAD of all people that said 'lovey, you need to get yourself a nice vintage man', he is soooo right!

Back towards the topic of Sherlock again (slightly) if there's anyone out there willing to buy me one of these for Christmas, or maybe even as a 'just because' gift I would be your bestest friend forever. 

His name will be Gladstone, like from Sherlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think :-)