Sunday 14 August 2011

Kittens & Wire Wool

Not as scary as it sounds!

So last night the kittens had very upset stomachs, resulting in the rugs needing to be washed and the kitchen floor to be scrubbed.

I got down on my hands and knees with a bowl of suds and a sponge and got to work giving the floor the once over. We have big tiles in our kitchen, and while I was scrubbing I noticed that the grouting in between the tiles was not black, like we were all led to believe, but WHITE! I got scrubbing, real elbow grease, but eventually wore a hole through the sponge! I knew the sponge would not last the entirity of the floor so had a root around under the sink and found wire wool, soap covered stuff, PINK soap covered!

So I got to work and scrubbed the grouting to within an inch of its life, until it went from this . . . .


To THIS . . . . . . .


The filth was yuk-worthy, but sooooo satisfying to scrape up.

My hands and nails didn't suffer too much . . . . .


the dirt did. Laters years of grime build up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think :-)