Thursday 11 August 2011

Ahhhh, I love my family

So, my parents came to visit today, and god do I love them! They were accompanied by my uncle and aunty, who have come to visit from Shetland for the week. It was just really nice to have a sit down in the house, with a cuppa tea and some french fancies. The kittens did the rounds and gave everyone a kiss (as they do), and my mum and uncle (siblings) ended up having the most cuddles with the little babies- they are the most unlikely people to take a shine to animals!

We went out for dinner to a nice curry house in the town- I deviated from the usual chicken korma. I treated my tastebuds to a new curry called Kashmiri Chicken. It's chicken cooked with banana's and lychees and Kashmir spices- and it was DELICIOUS!

My mum brought me a gift, and pretty little blouse/tank top that will go perfectly with my 1940's attire. I wore my new land girl-esque chinos (avec braces) with a cute little blue striped top and a navy blue cardi, topped with my blue espadrilles- maybe not so vintage a shoe but the colours matched and they're so comfy!

Tonight I WILL get an early night- when I say early I class that as before midnight- every other night this week has been no earlier than 1am, not healthy for a working girl such as my beautiful self. Time to get some shut eye, and maybe by the morning I will have a new found zest for life? Or maybe I'll just wake up happy, knowing that in 9 hours time it'll be the weekend and I can just chill ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think :-)