Sunday 13 May 2012

Holy Wowsers- how long since my last blog post!?!

I never want to leave such a big gap again . . . so much has happened since my last post!

We'll look back to March- I skated my little heart out and finally passed my Minimum Skills after only being with the team for two and a half months :-) Unfortunately an hour after passing I took a turn for the worse and practically passed out :-( Huge sugar loss, teamed with tiredness, meant I was in a dizzy verge-of-vomming state where I couldn't feel my arms and hands. Thanks to the lovely Rollerfamily I had cake and juice passed to me from all sides, and big cosy jackets to get me warmed up again :-) That was on the Sunday session. On the following Tuesday session I took a massive hit, landing head first, resulting in potential minor concussion. Luckily that was towards the very end of the session, and it put a stop to me skating for the rest of the week. Exhaustion and injury=1- Traybake=0

Oh well, I achieved my goal of Passing my Minimum Skills, and before my birthday!! Hurray!

April was quite a quiet month for skating news- I came away from training with quite a few bruises, but nothing much more exciting than that. A bonus for the month was cracking the code of backwards crossovers- what a feeling!

Now we're in May and I've passed my WFTDA Rules Test- just waiting to find out which team I'm going to be assigned to . . .  Orange or Black? There's an Intraleague bout coming up, I'm hoping I'll be put onto a team before that so I can play, otherwise I'll be NSO-ing for the session.

I've had some pretty bruises since my last post, and I got myself some nice scuffed knuckles today. It's only fair that I share the beautiful images :-) (unfortunately bruises have a tendency to look quite tame in photo's- believe me that these ones were BLACK!)


Quite possibly the best Derby Bruise- it's a smily face!

After landing knees first and my knee pads slipping up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think :-)