Friday 24 February 2012

Hard work pays off

*cracks knuckles* *flexes hands* It's been a while since my last blog, but I can happily say I have clocked up somewhere in the region of 25-30 hours since then, and with it I've made some MASSIVE progression.

So last time I think I was still pretty much in the early stages of my SSRG adventure. I'd passed a few tests during my first ever training session, I'd bagged myself a 'badge of honour', and I'd learned some basics on walls. 

A month down the line and my badge of honour has made itself a permanent home on my hip, I was put in the 'fast group' during a laterals drill, and I've been learning how to hit people. Now I'm just three skills away from passing my minimum skills, then my paper test, and then . . . it's game on!

Last week we had a guest coach come to our CTRV training. BB Bombshell from the Tiger Bay Brawlers spent a good two hours filling our minds with Roller Derby 'stuff'. Man, she speaks fast, but she talks sense. I didn't have a clue what was going on half of the time, but my feet seemed to get the jist. We all picked up some extra skills, and I bagged my first few RD photo's! Woop!



The Infamous Ass Shot- thank you Mummy Traybake for the fantastic leotard!


BB Bombshell and me, AKA Traybake!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics!
    Well done on all you amazing progress :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuu! Aargh, ticked off nearly all my hitting skills at Sunday praccy, marked by Faithkill!

      Delete

Tell me what you think :-)